Member recipe by wallet
- 2 lemons, grated rind
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices Parma Ham
- 100ml balsamic vinegar
- 500g mixed salad
- Make a slit in each of the chicken breasts. Insert 2 basil leaves & 1/4 lemon rind.
- Lay flat 1 slice of Parma ham, place chicken breast at one end and roll up, fully covering chicken breast.
- Cut a piece of cling film approx. 12 inch by 20 inch. Place the chicken at one end of the clingfilm, in the middle, and, holding each end of clingfilm, roll tightly (like a rolling pin). Twist the ends of film, and tie them together. (you want a watertight parcel)
- Place parcels in a pan of boiling water and simmer for about 20-25 mins.
- While chicken is cooking, reduce balsamic by half in a small non-stick pan. Remove chicken from water, and, over the pan of reduced balsamic vinegar,make a slit in the clingfilm and let juices run into pan. heat gently, stirring well. remove from heat.
- Lay the chicken breast parcels side by side. trim each end, and then cut diagonally. Place chicken on dish, one piece on side, one piece on the trimmed end. drizzle over the balsamic reduction, add some salad on side for a starter, or veg & pasta for a main.