White chocolate smudge cake
Member recipe by oscanhag
- Source: "Chocoladegerechten"
- For the cake:
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 5 table spoons of flour
- 50g of white chocolate, melted
- For the white chocolate smudge:
- 3dl cream
- 350g white chocolate
- 250g cream cheese
- To decorate:
- dark chocolate curls or cake decoration
- cocoa powder
- Grease a baking tin of 20cm across. Cover the bottom in baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together into a light foam. Stir in the flour and melted white chocolate. Pour into the tin and bake for 25 minutes.
- Heat the cream to boiling point while stirring. Allow to cool for a minute. Add the white chocolate and stir to a smooth mixture.
- Take the pan of the fire and while stirring, allow to cool almost completely.
- When almost completely cooled, stir in the cream cheese to a smooth mixture (stirring in the cheese before the mixture has cooled will cause lumps).
- Pour in to the tin on top of the cake. Allow to sit in the fridge for three hours or more. Before serving, decorate with any dark chocolate decoration (curls, cocoa powder...)