Member recipe by gemmaseaman
a delicious pasta carbonara with a creamy with a sauce and rashes of bacon topped with a layer of creamy handmade mash potatoes
- ffor the withe sauce:
- 25g plain flour
- 25g margarine
- 250ml milk
- 50g cheese, grated
- mash potatoes:
- 2 large potatoes, (around 300g)
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tsp butter
- 5 rashers of bacon
- 20g peas
- 20g sweetcorn
- 20g asparagas
- 30g ham
- 250g pasta
- preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- cook the pasta in boiling water for 15- 20 minutes according to the type of pasta.in the last % minutes add in the vegetables to the pasta.
- drain out the pasta and the vegetables using a colinder then put the pasta and the vegetables in a container.
- place the flour, butter, seasoning and milk to the sauce pan sir well with whisk , until lump free, then bring to the boil and remove from heat when all the lumps have disappeared
- stir the cheese into the white sauce until the cheese has melted.
- put the pasta into the saucepan with the whit sauce and then mix together.
- place the pasta and white sauce into a oven proof dish.
- peel two potatoes then chop them into quarters then put them into a saucepan and cover with water, bring to boil then leave for 15 minutes.
- drain the potatoes using the collinder , then put them back into saucepan and mash.add in the butter and milk to the mash potatoes, mix together then add half the mash to the pasta and mix in.
- put the rashers of bacon on top of the pasta then place the rest of the mash on top of rashers of bacon. put in the oven for 20 minutes till the mash is crispy.