Member recipe by m4tthew
- 150g of cooking chocolate
- 85g fudge pieces
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 16 mini meringues
- Toffee or fudge sauce
- Tin foil
- First of all you need to cover a large plate with some tin foil. Make sure you wrap the foil all the way around the edges of the plate, so that it's completely covered.
- Now take your mini meringues and arrange 7 on the plate in a circle (1 in the centre, and 6 around the outside).
- Next you need to melt the mini fudge pieces in the microwave - get an adult to help with this bit. The melted fudge will be used to stick the meringues together. Whilst itÃ¢ÂÂs still runny get an adult to pour the fudge onto the meringues - it hardens very fast. TIP: You could use toffee sauce instead of melting the fudge! This works just as well.
- Once you've poured the fudge onto the bottom layer, you need to repeat this with the remaining meringues. Pile them up in layers of 5, 3, and 1, pouring the melted fudge in between, to build a volcano shape! Finally, scatter some mini meringues along the base of the plate Ã¢ÂÂ these will act as volcanic rocks.
- Next you need to melt the chocolate in the microwave - make sure you get an adult to help with this. Whilst it's still hot, get an adult to pour it over the whole sculpture. Once you have done that you need to let it set in the fridge for 10 mins.
- Now the final step is the messy bit! Heat your mini marshmallows in the microwave, and once they are melted quickly spoon them over the volcano! This is a bit tricky, as the marshmallows harden very fast.
- Leave it to cool, and for the finishing touchÃ¢ÂÂ¦put a mini indoor sparkler on the top! Make sure you get an adult to light it for you. And there you have your very own edible Volcano Surprise!