Vanilla Vodka Christmas Cake
Member recipe by meme55
A delicious Christmas cake that needs no maturing but never-the-less keeps wonderfully.
- 250g (9oz) each plump raisins and sultanas
- 100g (31/2oz) dried cranberries or blueberries
- 200g (7oz) natural glace cherries, halved
- 200ml (7fl oz) vanilla vodka ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ You can buy this or stick a vanilla pod in the vodka overnight
- 150g (5oz) flaked almonds
- 200g (7oz) unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 200g (7oz) unrefined dark muscovado sugar
- 4 medium organic eggs, beaten
- 100g (31/2oz) plain flour
- Put dried fruit and cherries in a bowl and add the vodka. Soak for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.
- Grease and line an 8" cake tin.
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Gradually add beaten eggs. Add flour and nuts.
- Tip in fruit with any remaining liquid and stir well.
- Pour mix into cake tin
- Bake for 3 and 1/2 hours or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Marzipan and ice once cooled or keep and feed regularly with more vanilla vodka.