Member recipe by ssumitra
Savory scrambled egg the indian way.. This can be used to eat with naan, or as a filling for pita or can be used to make a wrap with tortilla.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large onion
- 2 green chillies
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric pwder
- 1/2 tsp of chopped garlic (optional)
- salt (as required)
- 11/2 tsp of oil (any oil will do)
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Chop onions, tomatoes and the green chillies
- Beat the eggs
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the cumin seeds. After 10 seconds, add the chopped onion, chillies and garlic. Fry until light brown. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and chilli powder. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and mix well.(check for seasoning) Now add the beaten eggs and give it a good shake with the spatula until the eggs begin to scramble. Fry this for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Serve this with garnished coriander.