Member recipe by emmacorry
- 4 Thin Polish Cooked & Smoked Sausages, thinly sliced
- 1 Small White Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Small Tin Chick Peas, drained & rinsed
- 250ml Double Cream
- 2 tbsp Red Pesto
- 1 tbsp Herbes de Provence
- Olive Oil
- For the Pasta
- 8 Tagliatelle Nests
- 1 tbsp Garlic Butter
- To Serve (optional)
- Warm Crusty Bread
- Over a medium heat, fry the onions and peppers in the oil until softened, then add the sausage and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, cook the chickpeas as per instructions.
- If there is excess oil in the onions and sausages, drain off or mop up with a little kitchen paper, stir in the red pesto, then slowly add the cream, followed by the cooked chickpeas and the herbs and allow to simmer and thicken, stirring frequently.
- Boil the pasta per packet instuctions, adding the garlic butter to the water.
- Drain the pasta when done, and when your sauce has thickened nicely, add it to your pasta and stir together.
- Serve with some warm crusty bread.