Creamy Tomato Soup
Member recipe by lewisf
- 2 Tomatoes (1 for each person served)
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 Basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of either olive or sunflower oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 250g of a pasta of your choice
- and just a splash of red wine
- Blanche the tomatoes, peel them and halve.
- Place them in a large saucepan with the water, oil and basil and heat gently.
- After 5 or so minutes add in the garlic.
- add in the carrot and turn up heat slightly
- add in the wine and stir quickly.
- wait util bubbling and add in the pasta and pepper
- serve with thick bread and enjoy!!