- 2 just-ripe pears, cored, then each cut into 8
Like apples, to which they are related, pears come in thousands of varieties, of which only a…
- 1 tsp mild olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- peppercorns, crushed (we used a mix of colours)
- 85g roquefort
- 5 tbsp double or whipping cream
Fresh unpasteurised milk quickly separates and the fat rises to the top. This fat layer is then…
- 2 handfuls baby salad leaves
- slices from sourdough bread loaf, halved and toasted just before serving
For the dressing
Heat a griddle pan until very hot, brush or toss the pears with a little oil, sprinkle with the crushed pepper, then griddle for 1-2 mins on each side until nicely striped.
Put the cheese into a mixing bowl, break it up a little with a wooden spoon, then beat it until almost smooth. Very softly whip the cream in a small bowl, then fold into the cheese and spoon into 2 small ramekins or pots.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together with some seasoning, turn the leaves in the dressing a few times to coat, then serve with the toasted sourdough, griddled pears and the cheese.