Butternut with chorizo & feta
Member recipe by rec
This meal is full of flavour and colour - very easy to make and little preparation needed.
- 1 small butternut squash, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g feta, diced
- 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 50g chorizo, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6
- Cut the butternut squash in half, scoop out the seeds and score both sides of the flesh so it will cook quicker. Divide the olive oil, garlic and chilli between the two halves and brush the mixture over the flesh so it is all covered.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the sliced onion until it starts to soften (about 5 minutes) and then add the balsamic vinegar, sundried tomatoes and chorizo. Stir and cook until soft.
- When the butternut is ready (the flesh is soft), remove from the oven and scoop the flesh into the balsamic onion mixture. Then scoop the contents back into the butternut shells and add the feta cubes. Put back in the oven for 10 minutes and then serve.