Member recipe by elaineoconnell
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette - medium
- 1 aubergine - medium
- 1 onion - medium
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves - according to taste
- 1 tin tomatoes
- Dried herbs or fresh herbs (rosemary, sage, parsley, oregano)
- Salt and black pepper
- Oil - vegetable or olive oil
- Chop the pepper into strips, the courgette and aubergine into slices, the onion into small dice and finely chop the garlic clove. If you are using fresh herbs, chop them roughly. Open the tin of tomatoes and have them ready.
- In a large pot, heat the oil and fry the onion gently until they are soft and translucent but not brown.
- Add the peppers and fry until they are soft.
- Add the courgette, aubergine and garlic, stir and cook for 10 minutes, covered. Stir after 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the juice from the tin and add the herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste â remember you can add more at the end, so don't be too generous.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring half way through. Taste and season again if it needs it.
- Serve on its own with crusty bread and a bowl of grated parmesan, as a side vegetable dish or tossed with cooked tagliatelle for a vegetarian pasta dish.