Chanterelle mushroom pie
Member recipe by junglefrog
Delicious and quick puff pastry pie with seasonal mushrooms and tasty cheese
- 4 squares of puff pastry
- 200 gr chanterelle mushrooms
- 100 gr blue cheese
- 50 gr pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 egg, for eggwash
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 225 C.
- Cut the chanterelles into manageable sizes. Keep in mind it needs to fit on top of the puff pastry and you don't want huge chunks here but not too small either. In a bowl toss the mushrooms with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the puff pastry (defrosted ofcourse) and put some of the mushrooms in the middle, making sure to leave the sides free. Don't be too shy; you want to have a nice little pile of mushrooms there. They will decrease in size in the oven.
- Generously add little chunks of the blue cheese here and there. Make sure to have an even distribution of cheesy goodness there. Once done sprinkle the grated pecorino on top.
- Put some eggwash on the sides of the puff pastry and fold it creatively in a little basket, so that the cheese stays in when it starts to melt. Plus the corners will become nice and crispy too. Pinch it tightly to make sure it stays put once heated.
- Put the little pies in the oven for about 12 minutes on high, then bring the temperature down to 190 °C and bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.