Spaghetti alla Carbonara
Member recipe by thebrowngirls
- 450g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 rashers streaky bacon or 110g pancetta, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4-5 large eggs, beaten
- 75g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile heat oil over low heat in a frying pan. Cook bacon or pancetta with garlic till the fat runs and it's crisp. Turn off the heat. Leave in pan.
- Drain cooked pasta in a colander. Return to hot pasta pan. Stir in the bacon and frying oil. Cool for 30 seconds.
- Sling in the eggs and a little salt. Stir well to coat pasta. Add half the Parmesan, or to taste. Stir well. Add pepper.
- Serve on hot plates with the rest of the parmesan for sprinkling.