Mini Bakewell Tarts
Member recipe by snugglewuffin
ServingsServes 1 - 36 Tartlets
Easy to make and incredibly satisfying to eat, these little moreish tarts will be regulars on your table
- * 375g plain flour
- * 225g unsalted butter , cold and diced
- * 75g caster sugar
- * 3 eggs
- * 1 heaped tsp raspberry/strawberry jam
- * 150g unsalted butter , at room temperature
- * 150g caster sugar
- * 3 eggs , beaten
- * egg yolk
- * 150g ground almonds
- * lemon , zested*
- * 1 tbsp flaked almonds*
- To make the pastry, crumb the flour, butter and sugar with your hands until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs OR throw the ingredients into a food processor until the same result is achieved.
- Add the eggs and mix until the dough comes together but be careful not to over work the pastry or it will become tough. Flatten into a disc, and make about 2-3 dozen mini pies in a muffin tin. Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Put a teaspoon of rassberry jam into the bottom of each tart. Beat the eggs. Cream together the butter and sugar. Then gradually add the beaten eggs and egg yolk. Fold in the ground almonds and lemon zest*.
- Carefully spoon the mixture over the jam. Bake for 20 mins and sprinkle with flaked almonds* and bake for a further 10 - 15 mins or until golden brown and set. Cool to room temperature, dust with icing sugar and serve with pouring cream or custard. * - optional
- They keep well in an airtight container for almost a week but that shouldn't be an issue.