Irish Cream Tiramisu
Member recipe by pittero
- Irish Cream Tiramisu
- Adapted from Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson
- 175ml coffee, made with 175 ml water and 2 teaspoons instant expresso or coffee
- 130ml BaileyÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs Cream liqueur
- 1 x 200g Savoiardi (Italian lady Finger Biscuits) or trifle sponge fingers
- 2 eggs
- 40g caster sugar
- 250g mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, heaped
- Mix the coffee with 90mls BaileyÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs in a shallow bowl.
- Dip half the biscuits into this liquid, until damp but not soggy. Line the bottom of your dish with them.
- Separate the eggs, keeping the 2 yolks and then one egg white. Whisk the two egg yolks and the sugar until thick and pale yellow, then fold in the remaining 40ml of Baileys, and the mascarpone to make a moussy mixture.
- Whisk the single egg white until thick and frothy, fold into the mascarpone mixture, and spread half of this on top of the dipped biscuits in the dish.
- Repeat the dipping and layering with the other half of the fingers into the dish and then top with the second half of the marscapone mix.
- Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge over night. When ready to serve use a small sieve or tea strainer to sift over the cocoa powder. Serves 6.