Ellen's Fruit Pancake's
Member recipe by ellen428
American style Blueberry and Bannana Pancakes With a homemade lemon syrup is a , simple , tasty and nutritious breakfast.
- For the pancakes
- 140g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 175ml milk
- 2 bannanas peeled
- butter (for frying)
- 75g of blueberries (plus extra to serve)
- For the lemon syrup
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 tsp of vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre of the mixture
- Measure the milk in a jug and then crack the egg into the jug.Lightly beat the milk and egg together with a fork until they are mixed together .
- Pour the egg mixure into the well in the centre of the flour mix .Beat with a wooden spoon until you have a smooth batter.
- Mash the bannanas together until smooth ,then stir into the batter with the blueberries.
- Heat a small knob of butter in a frying pan add three small ladlefuls of batter to make the 3 pancakes 8cm in diameter.
- Cook for two mins until bubbles appear on the surface .Flip the pancakes over and cook for another two minutes until both sides are light gold.
- To make the syrup add all ingredients into 1 small pan on a low heat stirring all the time for 2 minutes then take off heat and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Stack the pancakes on top of each other to make a small tower.Then pour the syrup on top of the tower and sprinkle a couple of blueberries on top to serve.