Member recipe by marcedvr
- 500g beef fillet
- 500g mushrooms
- 8 slices of parma ham
- Dijon mustard for brushing beef fillet
- 400g puff pastry
- egg wash
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- a few (8-10) sage leaf
- 1/2 glass white wine
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Season beef with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a pan with olive oil and fry beef on high heat until is brown. Let to cool.
- In food processor mix mushrooms, onion and garlic. Add this puree on the pan and fry for a few minutes. Add a glass white wine and let to evaporated alcohol.
- On the plastic foil put first layer Parma ham, then mushrooms puree, sage leaf and beef (brushing beef with mustard). Easy roll all in plastic foil and keep on fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven at 220'C.
- Unwrap the meat from the cling film. Roll out the pastry and put the meat on the center. Egg wash the edge of the pastry and roll up the pastry. Turnover and egg wash over the top. Mark the pastry using the back of a small knife to make a cross hatch.
- Baking at 220'C for about 30 minutes. Rest a few minutes before using.