Walnut Ricotta Chocolate Cake
Member recipe by apinchofitaly
This delicious cake combines the softness of the ricotta, with the crunchiness of the walnuts, along with the luxury of the chocolate, to create a mouth watering experience.
- (For a 18 cm Savarin mould)
- 200gr 00 grade flour
- 250gr ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 150gr caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 100gr chopped walnuts
- 70gr chopped chocolate(or chocolate chips)
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil (not extra virgin as it might taste too strong)
- a pinch of salt
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and the pinch of salt until foamy and white
- Add the ricotta and keep whisking
- Incorporate the flour and baking powder a little at the time until smooth.
- Using now a wooden spoon, add the walnuts, oil and chocolate, mix well.
- Grease the Savarin mould with butter, dust with flour and pour the mixture evenly into it. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30-40 minutes.