Member recipe by twinklestar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup water
- 2 large onions
- 750g chicken
- 500g mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock
- 200 ml cream
- 200 ml mayonnaise
- small bunch of parsley
- Slice the onions roughly and fry lightly in a large frying pan in small amount of oil.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup combine the wine, water, curry powder and chicken stock. Pour this into the onions and allow to simmer for about half an hour.
- Slice the mushrooms thickly and cube the chicken. Fry lightly, and then add to the onions simmering in the wine and water mix. Leave simmering for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip the cream till it just holds shape, then fold in the mayonnaise, and lastly the parsley, finely chopped.
- Remove the chicken, mushrooms, onions and wine from the heat and fold in the cream, mayonnaise and parsley just before serving. Serve on a bed white rice.
- This can also make a really nice vegetarian meal if you leave out the chicken and double the amount of mushrooms, and replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock.