Vegetarian spaghetti bolognese
Member recipe by lindawoolmer
- For the sauce
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- splash of vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 1 large tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 large tin lentils
- Dried or fresh spaghetti
- parmesan for garnish
- Heat olive oil in frying pan and gently fry chopped onion until softened, add garlic, salt, pepper and oregano for 2-3 mins being careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and simmer very gently for 20 mins to thicken the sauce.
- Add the drained lentils and simmer for a further 5 mins until thoroughly heated through.
- Meanwhile boil a large saucepan of water add salt and cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti, arrange on a plate piling a quantity of the sauce on top. Serve parmesan separately to sprinkle on top.