Risotto with Liver
Member recipe by fairykally
A good hearthy risotto with any Liver of your choice (rabbit, chicken, pork or beef).
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500 g Alborio Rice
- half lt white wine
- 1&half lt chicken stock
- 300 g asparagus tips
- 300 g frozen peas (petite pois)
- 700 g liver of your choice
- (I used rabbit liver)
- 100 g grated parmesan
- freshly ground pepper
- Fry the garlic in olive oil for a minute. Add the liver and fry turning constantly for about 5 minutes - medium rare. Set aside in a dish and cut up in bite size cubes.
- Melt a knob of butter in a large deep pan, add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Stir in the rice and mix well.
- Add the wine and stir until it evaporates. Start adding the stock until the rice is almost cooked.
- Add the asparagus tips and peas. Add some freshly ground pepper. Stir continuously. Add the liver with all the juices - the rice should be creamy but firm.
- Add the parmesan just before serving and enjoy.