Member recipe by coopersned
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 450g pork sausages
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (I find floury potatoes work best!)
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1/2 swede, peeled and diced
- Heat oil and butter in a large pan and fry the sausages for 7 minutes on a low heat until browned, remove
- Add onions to the pan and fry until soft. Cut sausages to required size (I usually cut into 4) and return to pan with onions.
- Add tomatoes and stock and bring gently to the boil before adding the vegetables.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked
- Serve in bowls with plenty of crusty bread to mop up the juice!