Jade's London Cheesecake
Member recipe by webellis40
- 150g Digestive Biscuits
- 75g Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 600g Cream Cheese
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 1.5 tbspns vanilla
- 1.5 tbspns lemon juice
- For the topping:
- 145ml Sour Cream
- 1 tbspn Caster Sugar
- 1.5 tspn vanilla
- (Fruit optional - American cheesecake)
- Process biscuits until crumbs, add to melted butter and line bottom of 20cm springform tin, pressing biscuits down with spoon. Place in fridge to set and turn oven on to 180
- Beat cream cheese gently until smooth, then add sugar. Beat in the eggs and egg yolks followed by the vanilla and lemon juice.
- Put the kettle on
- Line the outside of the chilled tin with strong foil so that it covers the base and sides in one large piece. Do the same again and put it into a roasting tray.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the tin and place gently in the oven
- Pour the boiling water into the roasting tin around the cheesecake (about half way up). Don't overfill or it will be impossible to remove from the oven. Cook for 50 mins. It should still feel a little wet and not completely rigidly set
- Whisk together the cream, vanilla and sugar and pour gently over the top ensuring you distribute it evenly. Place back in the oven for 10 mins.
- Remove from the oven, take out of water bath, remove foil and set on rack to cool
- Refrigerate when cool and remove 10 minutes prior to serving