Rhubarb & cinnamon cheesecake
Member recipe by andrewdiment
- 500g rhubarb, chopped
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 175g caster sugar
- 40g stem ginger in syrup, finely chopped
- 50g butter, melted
- 175g SainsburyÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs ginger nut or digestive biscuits, blended to a fine crumb
- 500g SainsburyÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180Â°C, fan 170Â°C, gas 4. Line a 20cm round springform cake tin with baking parchment.
- In a pan, poach the rhubarb with the cinnamon, 100g sugar, ginger, 2â3 tablespoons ginger syrup and 4 tablespoons water for 5â10 minutes or until just tender, stirring occasionally. Strain, reserving the juice. Discard the cinnamon and cool.
- Mix the butter into the biscuits and press down firmly in the base of the tin with the back of a spoon. Chill while you make the topping.
- Whisk together the mascarpone, cornflour, eggs and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in the rhubarb for a swirl effect and pour into the tin.
- Bake for 60â75 minutes or until pale golden and set. Leave to cool in the tin. Serve drizzled with the reserved rhubarb juice.