- 2 skinless salmon fillets, about 140g/5oz each
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, halved, for serving
The same shape, but smaller than…
For the rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 onion, chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- small piece fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 100g basmati rice
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and put the kettle on to boil. Fry the onion for a few mins until lightly browned. Stir in the ginger and garlic, fry for 1 min, then stir in the rice. Add 300ml boiling water and a little salt, then bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 10-12 mins until the rice is tender. Heat grill to medium.
Brush a baking tray lightly with a little oil. Put the salmon on top and grill for 4-5 mins, then scatter with chilli, coriander, remaining olive oil and seasoning. Grill again for just 4-5 mins until the salmon is cooked through. Serve with the rice and lime halves for squeezing over.