Chocolate Chip Cookies
Member recipe by imabadpixie
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Cookies
- 150g Butter - softened
- 120g light brown soft sugar
- 30g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g plain choc chips
- 100g milk choc chips
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 and line a flat baking sheet with grease proof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together and then mix in the egg and essence.
- mix in half the flour and then the choc chips. Stir until the chocolate is mixed nicely and evenly through the mixture.
- Add in the remaining flour and baking powder until the mixture consumes all the dry ingredients.
- You can then either put dessert spoon dollops onto the baking tray and bake for 12 mins or until just browning. OR you can squash into a thin square shape on clingfilm and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut into approx 30 peices. Roll these into balls and put onto the baking tray and into the oven for 7 mins.
- After 7 mins take out of the oven and press down each ball with the back of a spoon in the middle until slightly spread. Return to the oven for another 7 mins or until browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire wrack- or eat warm!!