Plum and Mulled Wine jam
Member recipe by keira_x3
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Jars
- 1.8 kg (4lb) of red plums, halved and stoned
- Half a bottle of red wine
- Mulled wine spices eg. cinammon, nutmeg and cloves
- Piece of orange zest without pith
- 1.8kg (4lb) sugar
- Put the plums and wine into a preserving pan, and place the spices and zest into the pan. Cook gently until the plum skins are soft.
- Add the sugar, stirring until dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 10 minutes or until the setting point has reached.
- Add a knob of butter and stir in.
- Pot into cool, sterilised jars, seal and label.