Carrot and Pineapple Muffins
Member recipe by ctimson
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Muffins
- 100g/4oz plain flour
- 100g/4oz plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ÃÂ¾tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1ÃÂ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ÃÂ½ tsp salt
- 200ml/7fl oz vegetable oil
- 90g/3ÃÂ½oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120g/4ÃÂ½oz finely grated carrots
- 225g/8oz tinned crushed pineapple, semi-drained
- 100g/4oz raisins
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- 2. Sift together the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well. Beat the oil, sugar and eggs until well blended. Add the grated carrots, crushed pineapple and raisins. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating just enough to combine all the ingredients.
- 3. Pour the batter into muffin trays lined with paper cases and bake for 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.