Member recipe by manjulakm
- Burger Ingredients:
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or 1 bunch fresh cut spinach
- 4 cloves Garlic ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ crushed or minced
- ÃÂÃÂ¼ cup of finely chopped onions
- 1 tbl spn of sun dried tomatoes
- Pinch of red pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper as per taste
- 1 pouch of quick cooking oats (regular flavor)
- Assembling Ingredients:
- 2 Avocado ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ cut into slices
- 2 Tomato ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ cut into slices
- 6 whole wheat buns
- 6 slices of any kind of cheese
- Onion slices ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ options ( I donÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt like it so I dint put that on my burger)
- 2 tbl spn Mayo or butter
- Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor griddle on medium-high heat and lightly oil it.
- While the grill is preheating, mix together all the burger ingredients. And form into 6 patties.
- Cook on preheated grill until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. Take a bun and heat it on grill as well.
- Butter or mayo the bottom part of the bun and assemble the bun according to your taste.
- I layered it with avocado slices, burger, cheese and tomatoes. Enjoy it with cold soda or lemonade and regular potato chips on the side.