Exotic flavoured Liver
Member recipe by smithtr
A simple way to add a different dimension to liver using lamb or chicken liver
- 2x15ml soya sauce
- 1x15ml honey
- 1x15ml soft brown sugar
- 2x15ml wine vinegar/balsamic
- 1 small piece fresh root ginger finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt, pepper
- 459gm lamb or chicken liver, slice into thin strips
- 1x15ml cornflour
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2x15ml oil
- 4 spring onions either finely chopped/sliced (preference)
- Mix the marinade ingredients, add the liver, mix and marinate for 2 hours. Drain the liver, mix the cornflour and stock into the marinade.
- Heat the oil in large frying pan or wok. Add the spring onions, fry until golden, remove with slotted spoon and set aside
- Add the liver to the pan and fry briskly until just cooked through and lightly coloured.
- Add the marinade and previously cooked spring onions to the pan and cook until thickened.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve immediately on a bed of noodles