Posh Courgette on Toast
Member recipe by jamieblanzac
I grow my own courgettes so therefor always trying out new ways to eat them.
- 3 small courgettes, finely grated
- large handful of freshly grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp of creme fraiche
- sprig of fresh thyme leaves picked
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- clove of garlic, finely sliced
- sprinkle of dried origano
- big slice of bread of choice (i used a large slice of Bruschetta).
- Heat a good swig of olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic and thyme but be careful the thyme will spit like crazy. Flavour the oil for 30 seconds and then add the courgette.
- Flavour the oil for 30 seconds and then add the courgette. Sautee them till nice and soft and just taking on a bit of brown colour. When this achieved take the pan off the heat.
- Now grate the parmesan into a bowl ( a good handful is about right) and add the creme fraiche. Stir well and season. Now add the courgette mixture and dried origano and stir well. Check the seasoning and adjust if neccessary.
- Take you toast and after rubbing it with a clove of garlic, cut in half, toast under a hot grill. The second side of the bread only lightly colour. Take your toast and then liberally layer it with the courgette mixture. Then place under a hot grill , a bit lower than before, for about ten minutes or until it starts going golden brown. Enjoy!!