Cheese Sauce with Pasta
Member recipe by foodaholic97
A tasty, simple dish, season well. Feel free to add your own vegetables in.
- 80g Pasta
- 1-2 tbsp Butter
- 1-2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1/2-1 pint Milk
- 4-5 oz Grated Cheddar
- 2g Salt, Pepper (any preferred seasonings)
- 1 tbsp Cream (if needed)
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise (if needed)
- 8g Gherkin
- 8g Jalepeno
- 100g Chicken (pieces)
- 30g Sweetcorn
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add flour, stir to form a roux, cooking for a few minutes.
- Whisk in milk a little at a time. Add cream and mayonnaise if necessary, for extra thickness. Cook for 10-15 minutes till a thickened and smooth sauce.
- Preaheat grill to hot. Remove sauce from hob and add most of cheese leaving a handful (around 4oz). Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add pasta mix and place in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle on rest of cheese. Place in oven until brown and bubbling.