Coconut creme caramel
Member recipe by sigridverbert
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Portions
It looks like a good old fashioned creme caramel but coconut milk and cardamom add an extra indian touch to this french favourite
- 400ml coconut cream (one jar)
- 25cl milk
- 110g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- for the caramel
- 150g sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Prepare the caramel: heat the sugar and the water in a heavy skillet, wait without stirring untill you get a blond caramel. Pour the caramel in 6-8 creme caramel moulds.
- Pour the coconut cream and the milk in a skillet and bring to boil. Add the ground cardamom, Beat eggs, yolks and sugar untll pale, then pour the boiling milk while beating.
- Pour the coconut cream into the moulds to fill them. Put all moulds in a bigger plate and add a few centimeters warm water. Cook in the oven for about 35 minutes or untill the creme is set.
- Let cool, first at room temperature, tham in the fridge, serve cold, unmoulding each crÃÂ¨me caramel on a plate.