Spicy Sweet Lamb
Member recipe by busymummy
Ideal recipe for using up all the bits in the fridge before pay day!
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 4 Lamb Leg Steaks
- 1 onion,chopped
- 3 medium potatoes,chopped into cubes
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 300ml warm water
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp mango chutney
- 4 oz spinach
- Preheat the oven to 150c.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan & lightly brown the lamb steaks on both sides.Then set aside.
- Put the onion,potatoes,& ginger in the pan & cook for 5 mins.
- Add the curry & paprika,then fry for 1 min.Return the lamb to the pan.
- Add the water,chopped tomatoes & chutney & bring to the boil.
- After 5 mins of boiling place in an uncovered casserole dish & cook for 1 hr.Stir in the spinach 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Then serve.