Member recipe by fetchgirl
A great, simple recipe; perfect to follow when friends are visiting or simply for a sweet treat!
- x2 400ml cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6tbsp butter, melted
- 150g digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- 50g almonds, toasted and ground (optionary)
- 50g hazelnuts, toasted and ground (optionary)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 75g chocolate, grated
- 450ml thick double cream, whipped
- Place the cans of milk in a large saucepan and cover them with water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 hours. Ensure the water is topped up regularly to keep the cans covered. Carefully lift out the hot cans and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4. Grease a 23cm/9inch flan tin with butter. Put the remaining butter into a bowl and add the biscuits and nuts. Mix together well, then press the mixture evenly into the base and sides of the flan tin. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Peel and slice the bananas and put them into a bowl. Sprinkle over the lemon juice and vanilla essence and mix gently. Spread over the biscuit crust in the tin.
- Then, open the cans of condensed milk and spoon the contents over the bananas.
- Sprinkle over 50g of the chocolate, then top with a thick layer of whipped cream. Scatter over the remaining chocolate and serve.