Holly's Special Pasta
Member recipe by holjam01
- Macaroni Pasta
- 500g of beef mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 3 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 2 oxo cubes
- 1 teaspoon of tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons of Italian mixed herbs
- Cheese sauce
- 200g of Mature Cheese grated
- 1oz of butter
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour
- 1 pint of semi skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- Cook the pasta to instructions.
- Sweat onion with a little oil, Add the mince and brown
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, oxo cubes and garlic
- Add the tomato puree and the mixed herbs and simmer for 20mins Check for seasoning.
- Melt butter and take off the heat and add the cornflour till itâs a smooth paste. Put back on heat and add the milk bit by bit but keep whisking until you have used all milk and it has thickened. (add more if to thick) Add the mustard and cheese and check for seasoning
- Once cooked mix all the parts together and put some cheese on top then in the oven for 20 â 30 mins or when cheese is brown and bubbling.