goeey chocolate cake !!
Member recipe by rosieiscoolforever
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Slices
- for the cake;
- 300g dark chocolate broken up
- 175g unsalted butter cubed
- 8 eggs , separated
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 60g griund almonds
- for topping ;
- 125g plain chocolate melted
- 125g milk chocolate melted
- chocolate dipped strawberries
- preheat the oven to 180 c / 350 f / gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm tin round tin.
- For the cake melt the chocolate and butter in a large heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove from heat and alow to cool.
- In a separate bowl using a hand held whisk mix the egg yolks and sugar untill thick and pale. Stir in the cooled chocolate and butter mixture, then stir in the ground almonds.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites untill stiff, then fold them into the chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.Place the tin in a roasting tin half full of boiling water.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour 15 minutesor untill cake is firm.Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin , then turn out the cake from the tin and transfer to a cooling rack.
- For the topping, drizzle the melted plain and milk chocolates decoratively over the cake aslo decorate with the chocolate dipped strawberries.