chocolate fondant pudding
Member recipe by rosieiscoolforever
- 200g dark belguim chocolate
- 60g plain flour
- 200g butter (cubed)
- 110g golden caster sugar
- 4 large eggs and 4 large egg yolks
- 2tbsps brandy
- 2tsps vanilla extract
- single / double /whipping / ice cream to serve
- preheat the oven to 200 degrees/ 400 f / gas mark 6. Break the chocolate into a bowl and add the brandy and butter. Heat over a pan of simmering water to melt slowly.
- once melted, remove from the heat and stir untill smooth. Place the eggs , yolks , vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl and whisk using a hand held eletronic whisk. Whisk the mixture untill it has thickened and has a mousse texture and doubled in volume.
- Pour the melted chocolate and fold into the mixture. Sift the flour into the bowl and then carefully fold all the ingredients together. It will take a few minutes to be mixed throughly. Spoon the mixture into 6 heat resistant ramekins and place on baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes , or untill the pudding has risen and firm to touch (the centre of the pudding should still be melted).
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes and then turn out the pudding upside down into individual plates. Serve straight away with cream.