- 4 slices ciabatta loaf, (cut on an angle to make the pieces larger)
- bunch spring onions, finely sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 100g cherry tomato, quartered
- 100g gruyère, grated
Gruyère is an undoubted pinnacle of traditional Swiss cheese-making, a culinary masterpiece as…
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes
- splash Worcestershire sauce
- green salad, to serve
Heat grill to high, put the bread onto a baking sheet, then grill until just golden on both sides. Mix the onions, tomatoes, cheese and chilli flakes in a bowl, then scoop onto the toast. Shake over a little Worcestershire sauce and grill again until golden and melted. Serve with green salad.
Dried chilli flakesWhole dried chillies should be added to dishes to infuse their heat, but not eaten. Far more user-friendly are chilli flakes or crushed dried chillies, which can be added by the pinch.