- 4 thin-cut sirloin steaks or minute steaks, trimmed of any fat and each cut into 3 long strips
This well-flavoured steak needs to be cooked carefully, and rested properly to ensure…
- 100ml sachet stir-fry sauce (we used oyster and spring onion)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
For the salad
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- 1 cucumber, cut into small chunks
- 3 spring onions, sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Part of the capsicum family, chillies come in scores of varieties and colours (from green…
- handful coriander leaves, chopped
Heat grill to high. In a bowl, mix the steak strips with the stir-fry sauce and sesame seeds. Thread onto 12 skewers, then grill for 12 mins, turning halfway through, until golden and sticky.
For the salad, mix the vinegar and soy together, then toss with the cucumber, spring onions, chilli and coriander. Serve with the beef skewers and some boiled basmati rice.