Phoebe's Pasta Bake
Member recipe by phoebe_x
A pasta bake, using bechamel sauce, with brocolli, sweetcorn, chicken and bacon.
- 120g penne pasta
- 100g sliced cooked chicken
- 50g sliced cooked bacon
- 15g plain flour
- 20g margarine
- 250ml semi skimmed milk
- 25g sweetcorn
- 25g brocolli
- 80g cheddar cheese
- Get all ingredients and equipment ready.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, gas mark 6.
- Fill a saucepan with water, add the pasta and brocolli to it, then boil it.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter on a medium heat, then add the flour.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the milk to the butter and flour mixture, constantly stirring.
- Once the sauce is smooth, rich and has no lumps, add 40g of the cheese and stir til melted.
- Turn the heat off.
- Put the pasta, brocolli, and sauce into a bowl, and mix together. Then put into an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.