Spicey Sausage Stew
Member recipe by angellouise_86
- 8 thick sausages cut into 3 segments
- 3 carrots
- 3 parsnips
- 1 turnip
- 1 red onion
- 6 potatoes
- 2 pork stock cubes or stock pots
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 8 leaves of Fresh Parsley
- 8 leaves of Fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Red Wine
- 2 heaped tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp garlic puree
- 1 1/2 pint water
- Peel potatoes and dice into four segments. Cut sausages into 3 segments. Add to large pot. Chop carrots, parsnips, turnip and onion then add to the pot. Heat a ring on the hob to 4.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, red wine, mustard, tomato and garlic puree in a mixing bowl until well blended. Add parsley and thyme and stir.
- Add the mixing bowl to the pot and stir to coat meat and vegetables. Add 1 pint of water with 1 pork stock cube and 1 vegetable stock cube.
- Put pot on heated hob ring and leave to cook for 1 hour stirring occasionally.