Beth's Lamb Curry
Member recipe by bethieh
- 500g Lamb Neck Fillet, cubed
- 1 large Red Onion, sliced and cubed
- 1 Pepper (yellow, red or orange), sliced
- 150g Baby Button Mushrooms, halved
- 4 Tomatoes, chopped
- Thumb sized piece of Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Chilli (red or green)
- 2/3 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 300ml Lamb Stock
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2oz Flour
- Heat the oil and add mustard and fennel seeds. Wait until all the seeds have popped, then add cumin, coriander, tumeric, chilli, garlic and ginger and fry for 2 mins.
- Add the onion and fry for a further 2 mins or until soft, then add the flour and stir until it coats the onion. Then add the lamb and fry until browned.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and pepper, cook for about 2 mins then add the stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with Basmati rice and nann bread.