Katy's salmon teriyaki
Member recipe by sexblondy
A simple yet delicious fusion meal served with creamy coconut rice
- 2 salmon filets(skin removed)
- 200g thai jasmine rice
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- black and white sesame seeds
- steamed broccoli
- Put a pan of salted water on to boil and add the thai jasmine rice and cook according to pack instructions(approximately 10-12 mins)
- meanwhile mix together the honey and soy sauce in a bowl(does not matter if the mixture does not come together at this stage)
- add 1tbsp of groundnut or sesame oil to a frying pan and heat moderately
- add the salmon filets and fry for 3 minutes per side until almost cooked through then towards the last 30 seconds of cooking time, add the honey and soy sauce and let it bubble and reduce slightly, so that it begins to coat the salmon
- once the rice is cooked, drain it then return to the pan and add the coconut milk and a pinch of salt and heat through until the rice absorbs most of it. It should resemble a fairly stiff risotto.
- Place the salmon and rice on to the plate and drizzle over the rest of the sauce. Serve with steamed broccoli and sprinkle with sesame seeds.