Cauliflower in Tahini sauce
Member recipe by orihell
This amazing recipe just got all the freshness flavours of a perfect middle eastern starter
- 1 cauliflower
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 5 lemons
- 1 clove of garlic
- 300g tahini paste
- 400 ml mineral water
- mint leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a big pan , cut the cauliflower in to florets , remove the stokes.
- when the oil is hot add the florets, make sure they are fully covered, and fry them until they are golden brown.
- meanwhile you can prepare the tahini sauce in a bowl add the tahini paste and the water whisk until there are no lumps. add the juice of 3 lemons crushed the garlic to a paste and add it as well. season and taste. the sauce should be light and rather pale.
- drain the cauliflower from excess fat. squeeze the 2 lemons on top of the florets. serve with the sauce on the side or on top finish with leaves of mint.