Member recipe by emilyrose4
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Brownies
The moistest squidgiest brownies to grace the planet. The recipe is from the Good Food 'Cakes & Bakes' book and I have no clue why it is not on the website-You really must give these a go!
- 350g dark chocolate (50-60% cocoa)-Bournville is best!
- 250g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 250g dark muscovado sugar
- 85g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven 160C/Gas 3/fan oven 140C. Butter and line the base of a shallow 23cm/9in square cake tin. Melt the chocolate and butter together, stir well and cool.
- Whisk the eggs until pale, then whisk in the sugar until thick and glossy and well combined.
- Gently fold in the melted chocolate mixture, then sift in the flour and baking powder and stir gently until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Test by inserting a wooden cocktail stick into the middle-there should be a few moist crumbs sticking to it. The mixture will still be soft in the centre but will firm up on cooling.
- Cool in the tin on a wire rack for at least 1 hour, then cut into 16 squares and finish cooling on the rack, although I must admit it is much better to skip all this cooling malarky and eat them immediately when warm and fudgy!