Member recipe by merimouse
A very cheesy and easy to make family dish, with in-your-cupboard ingredients.
- Olive oil
- 500g penne (or macaroni)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp hot English mustard
- 1/4 tsp hot paprika
- Approx. 400 ml milk
- Plenty of cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in some water with a touch of oil.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, make the cheese sauce. First melt the butter in a small saucepan. Then take off the heat and add flour, mustard, paprika and salt and pepper. Stir with a metal spoon and put back on the heat.
- Turn the heat up and stirring constantly, gradually add the milk to the flour mixture and take off the heat once boiling.
- Add a few handfuls of cheese. Keep tasting the sauce to know how much to add. Put back on a gentle heat.
- Strain the pasta and add the cheese. Mix well and put into a casserole dish. Put the remaining cheese on top. Grill til brown and serve with more seasoning if required.