- 140g soba noodles
- 300g fresh or frozen podded edamame (soy) beans
- 4 spring onions, shredded
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 300g bag beansprouts
Widely seen as a major, somehow magic, ingredient, beansprouts…
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthways, deseeded with a teaspoon and sliced
- 250g block firm tofu, patted dry and thickly sliced
- 1 tsp oil
- handful coriander leaves, to serve
For the dressing
Heat dressing ingredients in your smallest saucepan, simmer for 30 secs, then set aside.
Boil noodles following the pack instructions, adding the edamame beans for the final 2 mins cooking time. Rinse under very cold water, drain thoroughly and tip into a large bowl with the spring onions, beansprouts, cucumber, sesame oil and warm dressing. Season if you like.
Brush tofu with the veg oil, season and griddle or grill for 2-3 mins each side – the tofu is very delicate so turn carefully. Top the salad with the tofu, scatter with coriander and serve