Halloumi & Lentil Pasta Salad
Member recipe by janerollinson
A flavoursome mix of pasta, vegetables, lentils & cheese, and plenty of fresh herbs.
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 150g puy lentils, washed
- 500ml veg stock
- 500g short pasta, such as penne or rigatoni
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g halloumi, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch each of fresh parsley, tarragon and sage, chopped
- Fry the carrots, garlic and shallots in the oil until soft.
- Add the lentils and stock, and cook gently for 45 minutes, until the lentils are cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per packet instructions, drain and refresh.
- Cook the peas in boiling salted water for 1 minute, then drain and add to the pasta, and mix in the lentils.
- In a frying pan, quickly fry the halloumi until brown on each side.
- Place the pasta in a bowl, add the halloumi, balsamic vinegar and the chopped herbs.