Member recipe by slittle
Don't be tempted to rush step 4-6 that's what makes this curry soo delicious
- 453 grams stewing steak
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 mdedium sized onions
- 28 grams butter
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- half tsp black mustard seeds
- half tsp cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 28 grams seedless raisins
- Crush the spices in a pestle and mortar - or use a plastic bag and rolling pin.
- Cut the meat into 2cm cubes and toss them in the flour. Skin and finely chop the onion
- Place the butter in a pan over a medium heat. When it is hot, add the meat to the pan. Brown for 5 minutes, turning so all sides are sealed. Lift out onto a plate.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add the spices and cook for 3 minutes. Skin and crush the garlic. Add to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 150ml of hot water and boil briskly, stirring all the time, for 5 minutes -scraping any residue from the bottom of the pan.
- Return the meat to the pan and add the raisins and water to come just above the meat. Simmer over a low heat for 2 hours 15 minutes. Serve with boiled rice.